General Admissions Information
Placement Exam - Saturday, January 12, 2013
- 8:00am - Noon; doors open at 7:15am
- $50 fee payable at the door
- Cash, Check or Money Order accepted
Placement Exam - Saturday, January 26, 2013
- Reservation required if testing on the 26th
- Please contact Ms. Mary Ann Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or
(602) 973-4000 ext. 116 to reserve your seat
Admission Application deadline - January 31, 2013
- Incoming Freshman
Interviews - Saturday, February 9, 2013
(Incoming Freshman - by appointment only)
- Students will be notified of appointment time
High School Placement Exam
The High School Placement test for current 8th grade students will be on Saturday, January 12, 2013 from 8 am to 12 pm. There is a $50.00 fee for this test payable at the door on the test morning by cash, check or money order; no debit or credit cards for this fee. Pre-registration is not necessary for testing on January 12th.
One make-up test date is scheduled for Saturday, January 26, 2013. Reservations are required for this testing date. Contact Ms. Mary Ann Burns, Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com or (602) 973-4000 ext. 116 to reserve a place.
The Placement test consists of cognitive skills sub-tests that measure reading, mathematics and English language skills. There is also a writing portion of the test.
- The reading sub-test measures ability such as remembering important ideas and significant details, recognizing
central thought or purpose, making logical inferences and understanding vocabulary in context.
- The mathematics sub-test evaluates computation and problem solving, the student’s knowledge of important
mathematics concepts and ability to reason.
- Number series, number manipulations and both geometric and non-geometric quantitative comparison items are
included in the quantitative skills sub-test.
- In the language sub-test the student’s skills in punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, usage and
composition are evaluated.
- In the verbal skills section, there are synonym, antonym, verbal analogy, verbal classification and logical
Results of tests taken at Bourgade Catholic are mailed to the student and the student’s grade school principal in February.
Students who decide to attend Bourgade Catholic after the placement test dates, will be considered on the basis of the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) or AIMS scores AND elementary school records from Grades 7 and 8. We highly encourage taking the Placement Test since it is a valid and reliable measure of your student’s current skill levels and helps to assess how successful your student will be at BCHS. Preference will be given to applications from students who have taken the placement test. Certain scholarships, fee waivers and free uniform items are reserved exclusively for select students who test at Bourgade Catholic.
All applicants will participate in an oral interview on Saturday, February 9, 2013 with a member of the Admissions Committee. Interviews will be by scheduled appointment.
Letters of acceptance are mailed after the student has completed the application form, the test results are available, and the interview has taken place. Letters will be mailed to the students by the end of March.
Freshman Orientation 2012
Come spend the Day
Contact Ms. Angela Rohde
or 602-973-4000 X 155
to arrange a Shadow Day!
For enrollment information
Ms. Mary Ann Burns
4602 N. 31st Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85017
Freshman Experience 2012